Our team loves creating video pieces that spark interest and help people get into spiritual conversations and present the gospel. There are several members of our team that works on strategies. They look at tools we already have, and how we can better equip others to use films and bridge to the gospel.
Every year the campus ministry has a conference called Big Break where Cru students share their faith on the beach with other spring breakers. In 2016 they implemented an additional outreach using a short film called “Falling Plates.” The students came together and sent texts sharing a link to the film that presents the gospel.
Almost 1,000 students from 50 campuses got to experience firsthand how a short film can open doors. They shared with over 9,000 people and had over 2,300 conversations with those friends who viewed the video.
One participant shared,
At first I really didn’t want to do the digital outreach but I went. During the time I sent the Falling Plates video to 30 of my friends and family. I didn’t think anyone would message me back because 30 is a lot, but God had a different plan. 29 people messaged me back and one girl in Germany accepted Jesus and shared the video on Twitter, which one of her friends saw, and also accepted Jesus! Two of my international friends, one from Finland and one from the Netherlands, wanted to go over the gospel with me and I had 11 people want to meet with me to talk more about God when I came home!
Watch and share www.fallingplates.com
Thank you for linking arms with us so that more may hear about Jesus!
- We shoot a short piece on Christmas in a couple weeks. So many details need to come together before the shoot, and editing after.
- David’s mom has surgery scheduled to remove cancer inside her mouth. Please pray for the operation.
- Heather’s dad had his 12th knee surgery last week! Please pray for healing.
- David is trying to wrap up a discipleship project in English and French.
- Nan (wife of our teammate, Irv) is recovering from a broken ankle.
- We recently acquired the rights to a film that we hope will be useful for discipleship.
- Heather is feeling better after experiencing some intense back pain a couple weeks ago.
- We enjoyed a team retreat in September and were blessed by our neighbor friends who watched the kids.